Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 7th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
LA.7.RI Reading Informational Text
- Central Ideas and Details: Citing relevant and thorough textual evidence to support ideas, evaluate the development of themes or central ideas in grade-level informational text.
- LA.7.RI.1 Determine two or more implied or explicit central ideas of an informational text and how they are supported with key details.
- LA.7.RI.2 Analyze the relationships and interactions between individuals, events, and/or ideas or concepts, drawing on specific supporting details in an informational text.
- Author’s Craft: Citing relevant and thorough evidence to support ideas, evaluate the development and interaction of individuals, ideas, and events in grade-level informational text.
- LA.7.RI.3 Analyze how an author establishes or conveys a perspective or purpose and distinguishes it from that of others.
- LA.7.RI.4 Analyze how the major sections of text contribute to the development of ideas in an informational text.
- Knowledge and Ideas: Citing relevant and thorough textual evidence to support ideas, evaluate how an author’s perspective or use of point of view shapes the style and meaning of grade-level informational text.
- LA.7.RI.5 Analyze how the major sections of text contribute to the development of ideas in an informational text.
- LA.7.RI.6 Analyze the development of an argument and identify the type(s) of reasoning used to support the argument.
- LA.7.RI.7 Compare and contrast regional, national, and/or multicultural perspectives by explaining how an author or narrator/speaker introduces, illustrates, or describes characters or individuals, events, and ideas within and across informational texts.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity: Read and comprehend complex, grade-level informational texts independently and proficiently.
- LA.7.RI.8 Read and comprehend a wide range of informational texts of appropriate complexity for the 6-8 grade band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.