Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 7th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
LA.7.RP Reading Prose and Poetry
- Central Ideas and Details: Citing relevant and thorough textual evidence to support ideas, evaluate the development of themes or central ideas in grade-level informational text.
- LA.7.RP.1 Determine two or more implied or explicit themes in a literary text and how they are supported with key details.
- LA.7.RP.2 Analyze how particular events, lines of dialogue, or descriptive details develop the plot, reveal aspects of characters, or create meaning.
- Author’s Craft: Citing relevant and thorough evidence to support ideas, evaluate the development and interaction of individuals, ideas, and events in grade-level informational text.
- LA.7.RP.3 Analyze how an author establishes, conveys, and contrasts the points of view of different characters or narrators in a literary text.
- LA.7.RP.4 Analyze the structure of a literary text, and how the structure contributes to its theme(s) and meaning.
- Knowledge and Ideas: Citing relevant and thorough textual evidence to support ideas, evaluate how an author’s perspective or use of point of view shapes the style and meaning of grade-level informational text.
- LA.7.RP.5 Compare and contrast a fictional portrayal of a time, place, or character and a historical account of the same period.
- LA.7.RP.6 Synthesize the implied or stated theme(s) in a literary text to draw conclusions and deepen understanding of self and others.
- LA.7.RP.7 Compare and contrast regional, national, and/or multicultural perspectives by explaining how an author or narrator/speaker introduces, illustrates, or describes characters or individuals, events, and ideas within and across literary texts.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity: Read and comprehend complex, grade-level informational texts independently and proficiently.
- LA.7.RP.8 Read and comprehend a wide range of literary texts of appropriate complexity for the 6-8 grade band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.