Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 9th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
LA.10.RI Reading Informational Text
- Central Ideas and Details: Citing relevant and thorough textual evidence to support ideas, evaluate the development of themes or central ideas in grade-level informational text.
- LA.10.RI.1 Analyze the development of two or more implied or explicit central ideas over the course of an informational text or texts.
- LA.10.RI.2 Analyze how the interaction of individuals, important events, and key ideas contribute to the meaning of the work as a whole.
- Author’s Craft: Citing relevant and thorough evidence to support ideas, evaluate the development and interaction of individuals, ideas, and events in grade-level informational text.
- LA.10.RI.3 Analyze an author’s perspective or purpose in a text and analyze how an author uses rhetoric to advance that point of view or purpose.
- LA.10.RI.4 Analyze in detail how an author’s ideas or claims are developed and refined by particular sentences, paragraphs, or larger portions of a text (e.g., a section or chapter).
- Knowledge and Ideas: Citing relevant and thorough textual evidence to support ideas, evaluate how an author’s perspective or use of point of view shapes the style and meaning of grade-level informational text.
- LA.10.RI.5 Analyze informational texts of historical and/or cultural significance, including their treatment of related topics and concepts.
- LA.10.RI.6 Compare and contrast the development of different arguments on the same topic, evaluating the effectiveness and validity of the claims.
- LA.10.RI.7 Analyze how an author or speaker unfolds a series of events, ideas, or perspectives within and across a wide range of informational texts.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity: Read and comprehend complex, grade-level informational texts independently and proficiently.
- LA.10.RI.8 Read and comprehend a wide range of informational texts of appropriate complexity at the high end of the 9- 10 grade band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.