Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free Pre-Kindergarten ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
LL.03 Phonological Awareness
- Child shows knowledge of phonological awareness (the ability to hear and understand the different sounds of language)
- Recognizes matching sounds and rhymes in familiar nursery rhymes, songs, stories and poems
- Spontaneously repeats songs, rhymes and chants, and creates nonsense words
- Child progresses in listening and telling differences in phonemes (smallest parts of sound in a spoken word)
- Identifies words that begin with the same sound (alliteration)
- Child recognizes the connection between spoken and written words
- Shows growing ability to hear and discriminate separate syllables in words
- Isolates beginning and ending sounds of printed or spoken words