Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 3rd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RI Reading Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Details
- RI.3.1 Ask and answer questions, and make relevant connections to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
- RI.3.2 Determine the main idea of a text; recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
- RI.3.3 Describe the relationship between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text, using language that pertains to time, sequence, and cause/effect
- Craft and Structure
- RI.3.4 Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 3 topic or subject area.
- RI.3.5 Use text features and search tools (e.g., key words, sidebars, hyperlinks) to locate information relevant to a given topic efficiently.
- RI.3.6 Distinguish their own point of view from that of the author of a text
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- RI.3.7 Use information gained from text features (e.g., illustrations, maps, photographs) and the words in a text to demonstrate understanding of the text (e.g., where, when, why, and how key events occur).
- RI.3.8 Describe the logical connection between particular sentences and paragraphs in a text (e.g., comparison, cause/effect, first/second/third in a sequence) to support specific points the author makes in a text.
- RI.3.9 Compare, contrast and reflect on (e.g. practical knowledge, historical/cultural context, and background knowledge) the most important points and key details presented in two texts on the same topic.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- RI.3.10 By the end of the year, read and comprehend literary nonfiction (see Appendix A) at grade level text-complexity (see Appendix A) or above, with scaffolding as needed.