Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 3rd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RL Reading Literature Text
- Key Ideas and Details
- RL.3.1 Ask and answer questions, and make relevant connections to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
- RL.3.2 Recount stories, including fables, folktales, and myths from diverse cultures; determine the central message/theme, lesson, or moral and explain how it is revealed through key details in the text.
- RL.3.3 Describe the characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the plot.
- Craft and Structure
- RL.3.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, distinguishing literal from nonliteral language.
- RL.3.5 Refer to parts of stories, dramas, and poems when writing or speaking about a text, using terms such as chapter, scene, and stanza; describe how each successive part builds on earlier sections.
- RL.3.6 Distinguish their own point of view from that of the narrator or those of the characters.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- RL.3.7 Explain how specific aspects of a text’s illustrations contribute to what is conveyed by the words in a story (e.g., create mood, emphasize aspects of a character or setting).
- RL.3.9 Compare, contrast and reflect on (e.g. practical knowledge, historical/cultural context, and background knowledge) the central message/theme, lesson, and/ or moral, settings, and plots of stories written by the same author about the same or similar characters (e.g., in books from a series).
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- RL.3.10 By the end of the year, read and comprehend literature, including stories, dramas, and poems at grade level text-complexity (See Appendix A) or above, with scaffolding as needed.