Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 2nd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RI Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Details
- 1 Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
- 2 Identify the main topic of a multiparagraph text as well as the focus of specific paragraphs within the text.
- 3 Describe the connection between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text.
- Craft and Structure
- 4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 2 topic or subject area.
- 5 Know and use various text features (e.g., captions, bold print, subheadings, glossaries, indexes, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts or information in a text efficiently.
- 6 Identify the main purpose of a text, including what the author wants to answer, explain, or describe.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- 7 Explain how specific images (e.g., a diagram showing how a machine works) contribute to and clarify a text.
- 8 Describe how reasons support specific points the author makes in a text.
- 9 Compare and contrast the most important points presented by two texts on the same topic.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- 10 By the end of year, read and comprehend informational texts, including history/social studies, science, and technical texts, in the grades 2–3 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.