Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 3rd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- Key Ideas and Evidence
- RL.3.1 Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
- RL.3.2 Recount stories, including fables, folktales, and myths from diverse cultures; determine the central message, lesson, or moral and explain how it is conveyed through key details in the text.
- RL.3.3 Describe characters in a story and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events.
- Craft and Structure
- RL.3.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, identifying words that impact the meaning in a text.
- RL.3.5 Refer to parts of stories, dramas, and poems when writing or speaking about a text, using terms such as chapter, scene, and stanza; describe how each successive part builds on earlier sections.
- RL.3.6 Distinguish their own point of view from that of the narrator or those of the characters.
- Integration of Ideas and Analysis
- RL.3.7 Explain how specific aspects of a text’s illustrations contribute to what is conveyed by the words in a story.
- RL.3.9 Compare and contrast the themes, settings, and plots of stories written by the same author about the same or similar characters.
- Range of Reading and Level of Complexity
- RL.3.10 By the end of grade 3, read and understand literature at the high end of the 2-3 text complexity band proficiently and independently for sustained periods of time. Connect prior knowledge and experiences to text.