Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 4th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RI Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Evidence
- RI.4.1 Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- RI.4.2 Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize the text.
- RI.4.3 Explain events, procedures, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, or technical text, including what happened and why, based on specific information in the text.
- Craft and Structure
- RI.4.4 Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words or phrases in a text relevant to a grade 4 topic or subject area.
- RI.4.5 Describe the overall structure of events, ideas, concepts, or information in a text or part of a text.
- RI.4.6 Compare and contrast a firsthand and secondhand account of the same event or topic; describe the differences in focus and the information provided.
- Integration of Ideas and Analysis
- RI.4.7 Interpret information presented visually, orally, or quantitatively and explain how the information contributes to an understanding of the text in which it appears.
- RI.4.8 Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text.
- RI.4.9 Integrate information from two texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably.
- Range of Reading and Level of Complexity
- RI.4.10 By the end of grade 4, read and understand informational texts within the 4-5 text complexity band proficiently and independently for sustained periods of time. Connect prior knowledge and experiences to text.