Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 4th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- Key Ideas and Evidence
- RL.4.1 Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- RL.4.2 Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text; summarize the text.
- RL.4.3 Describe in depth a character, setting, or event in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in the text.
- Craft and Structure
- RL.4.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including words that affect meaning and tone.
- RL.4.5 Explain major differences between poems, drama, and prose, and refer to the structural elements of poems and drama when writing or speaking about a text.
- RL.4.6 Compare and contrast the point of view from which different stories are narrated, including the difference between first- and third-person narrations.
- Integration of Ideas and Analysis
- RL.4.7 Make connections between the text of a story or drama and a visual or oral presentation of the text, identifying where each version reflects specific descriptions and directions in the text.
- RL.4.9 Compare and contrast the use of similar themes and topics and patterns of events in stories, myths, and traditional literature from different cultures.
- Range of Reading and Level of Complexity
- RL.4.10 By the end of grade 4, read and understand literature within the 4-5 text complexity band proficiently and independently for sustained periods of time. Connect prior knowledge and experiences to text.