Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 5th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RI Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Evidence
- RI.5.1 Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- RI.5.2 Determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize the text.
- RI.5.3 Explain the relationships or interactions between two or more individuals, events, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, or technical text based on specific information in the text.
- Craft and Structure
- RI.5.4 Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 5 topic or subject area.
- RI.5.5 Compare and contrast the overall structure of events, ideas, concepts, or information in two or more texts.
- RI.5.6 Analyze multiple accounts of the same event or topic, noting important similarities and differences in the point of view they represent.
- Integration of Ideas and Analysis
- RI.5.7 Draw on information from multiple print or digital sources, demonstrating the ability to locate an answer to a question or to solve a problem efficiently.
- RI.5.8 Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text, identifying which reasons and evidence support which point(s).
- RI.5.9 Integrate information from several texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably.
- Range of Reading and Level of Complexity
- RI.5.10 By the end of grade 5, read and understand informational texts at the high end of the 4-5 text complexity band proficiently and independently for sustained periods of time. Connect prior knowledge and experiences to text.