Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 5th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- Key Ideas and Evidence
- RL.5.1 Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- RL.5.2 Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text, including how characters in a story or drama respond to challenges or how the speaker in a poem reflects upon a topic; summarize the text.
- RL.5.3 Compare and contrast two or more characters, settings, or events in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in the text.
- Craft and Structure
- RL.5.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, recognizing specific word choices that contribute to meaning and tone.
- RL.5.5 Explain how chapters, scenes, or stanzas provide the overall structure of a particular story, drama, or poem.
- RL.5.6 Describe how a narrator’s or speaker’s point of view influences how events are described.
- Integration of Ideas and Analysis
- RL.5.7 Analyze how visual and multimedia elements contribute to the meaning, tone, or aesthetics of a text.
- RL.5.9 Compare and contrast stories in the same genre on their approaches to similar themes and topics.
- Range of Reading and Level of Complexity
- RL.5.10 By the end of grade 5, read and understand literature at the high end of the 4-5 text complexity band proficiently and independently for sustained periods of time. Connect prior knowledge and experiences to text.