Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 6th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RI Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Evidence
- RI.6.1 Cite textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
- RI.6.2 Determine a central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
- RI.6.3 Analyze in detail how a key individual, event, or idea is introduced, illustrated, and elaborated in a text.
- Craft and Structure
- RI.6.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text; analyze the impact of a specific word choice on meaning.
- RI.6.5 Analyze how a particular sentence, paragraph, chapter, or section fits into the overall structure of a text and contributes to the development of the ideas.
- RI.6.6 Determine an author’s point of view or purpose in a text and explain how it is conveyed in the text.
- Integration of Ideas and Analysis
- RI.6.7 Integrate information presented in different media or formats, including visually and quantitatively, as well as in words to develop a coherent understanding of a topic or issue.
- RI.6.8 Trace and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, distinguishing claims that are supported by reasons and evidence from claims that are not.
- RI.6.9 Compare and contrast one author’s presentation of events with that of another.
- Range of Reading and Level of Complexity
- RI.6.10 By the end of grade 6, read and understand informational texts within the 6-8 text complexity band proficiently and independently for sustained periods of time. Connect prior knowledge and experiences to text.