Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 6th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- Key Ideas and Evidence
- RL.6.1 Cite textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
- RL.6.2 Determine a theme of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
- RL.6.3 Describe how a particular story’s or drama’s plot unfolds in a series of episodes as well as how the characters respond or change as the plot moves toward a resolution.
- Craft and Structure
- RL.6.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text; analyze the impact of a specific word choice on meaning and tone.
- RL.6.5 Analyze how a particular sentence, chapter, scene, or stanza fits into the overall structure of a text and contributes to the development of the theme, setting, or plot.
- RL.6.6 Explain how an author develops the point of view of the narrator or speaker in a text.
- Integration of Ideas and Analysis
- RL.6.7 Compare and contrast the experience of reading a story, drama, or poem to listening to or viewing an audio, video, or live version of the text, including contrasting what they “see” and “hear” when reading the text to what they perceive when they listen or watch.
- RL.6.9 Compare and contrast texts in different forms or genres in terms of their approaches to similar themes and topics.
- Range of Reading and Level of Complexity
- RL.6.10 By the end of grade 6, read and understand literature within the 6-8 text complexity band proficiently and independently for sustained periods of time. Connect prior knowledge and experiences to text.