Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 7th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- Key Ideas and Evidence
- RL.7.1 Cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
- RL.7.2 Determine a theme of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text; provide an objective summary of the text.
- RL.7.3 Analyze how particular elements of a story or drama interact.
- Craft and Structure
- RL.7.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text; analyze the impact of rhymes and repetitions of sounds on meaning and tone in a specific line or section of a literary work.
- RL.7.5 Analyze how a drama’s or poem’s (or other literary genre’s) form or structure contributes to its meaning.
- RL.7.6 Analyze how an author develops and contrasts the perspectives of different characters in a text.
- Integration of Ideas and Analysis
- RL.7.7 Compare and contrast a written story, drama, or poem to its audio, filmed, staged, or multimedia version, analyzing the effects of techniques unique to each medium.
- RL.7.9 Compare and contrast a fictional portrayal of a time, place, or character and a historical account of the same period as a means of understanding how authors of fiction use or alter history.
- Range of Reading and Level of Complexity
- RL.7.10 By the end of grade 7, read and understand literature within the 6-8 text complexity band proficiently and independently for sustained periods of time. Connect prior knowledge and experiences to text.