Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 7th Grade Social Studies Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- NCES.7.H.1 Use historical thinking to analyze various modern societies.
- NCES.7.H.1.1 Construct charts, graphs, and historical narratives to explain particular events or issues over time.
- NCES.7.H.1.2 Summarize the literal meaning of historical documents in order to establish context.
- NCES.7.H.1.3 Use primary and secondary sources to interpret various historical perspectives.
- NCES.7.H.2 Understand the implications of global interactions.
- NCES.7.H.2.1 Analyze the effects of social, economic, military and political conflict among nations, regions, and groups (e.g. war, genocide, imperialism and colonization).
- NCES.7.H.2.2 Evaluate the effectiveness of cooperative efforts and consensus building among nations, regions, and groups (e.g. Humanitarian efforts, United Nations, World Health Organization, Non Governmental Organizations, European Union and Organization of American States).
- NCES.7.H.2.3 Explain how increased global interaction accelerates the pace of innovation in modern societies (e.g. advancements in transportation, communication networks and business practices).
- NCES.7.H.2.4 Analyze the economic, political, and social impacts of disease (e.g. smallpox, malaria, bubonic plague, AIDS and avian flu) in modern societies.
Geography and Environmental Literacy
- NCES.7.G.1 Understand how geography, demographic trends, and environmental conditions shape modern societies and regions.
- NCES.7.G.1.1 Explain how environmental conditions and human response to those conditions influence modern societies and regions (e.g. natural barriers, scarcity of resources and factors that influence settlement).
- NCES.7.G.1.2 Explain how demographic trends (e.g. population growth and decline, push/pull factors and urbanization) lead to conflict, negotiation, and compromise in modern societies and regions.
- NCES.7.G.1.3 Explain how natural disasters (e.g. flooding, earthquakes, monsoons and tsunamis), preservation efforts and human modification of the environment (e.g. recycling, planting trees, deforestation, pollution, irrigation systems and climate change) affect modern societies and regions.
- NCES.7.G.2 Apply the tools of a geographer to understand modern societies and regions.
- NCES.7.G.2.1 Construct maps, charts, and graphs to explain data about geographic phenomena (e.g. migration patterns and population and resource distribution patterns).
- NCES.7.G.2.2 Use maps, charts, graphs, geographic data and available technology tools (i.e. GPS and GIS software) to interpret and draw conclusions about social, economic, and environmental issues in modern societies and regions.
Economics and Financial Literacy
- NCES.7.EC.1 Understand the economic activities of modern societies and regions.
- NCES.7.EC.1.1 Explain how competition for resources affects the economic relationship among nations (e.g. colonialism, imperialism, globalization and interdependence).
- NCES.7.EC.1.2 Explain the implications of economic decisions in national and international affairs (e.g. OPEC, NAFTA, G20, WTO, EU and economic alliances).
- NCES.7.EC.1.3 Summarize the main characteristics of various economic systems (e.g. capitalism, socialism, communism; market, mixed, command and traditional economies).
- NCES.7.EC.1.4 Explain how personal financial decision-making impacts quality of life (e.g. credit, savings, investing, borrowing and giving).
Civics and Governance
- NCES.7.C&G.1 Understand the development of government in modern societies and regions.
- NCES.7.C&G.1.1 Summarize the ideas that have shaped political thought in various societies and regions (e.g. Enlightenment and Scientific Revolution, democracy, communism and socialism).
- NCES.7.C&G.1.2 Evaluate how the Western concept of democracy has influenced the political ideas of modern societies.
- NCES.7.C&G.1.3 Compare the requirements for (e.g. age. gender, legal and economic status) and responsibilities of citizenship under various governments in modern societies (e.g. voting, taxes and military service).
- NCES.7.C&G.1.4 Compare the sources of power and governmental authority in various societies (e.g. monarchs, dictators, elected officials, anti-governmental groups and religious, political factions).
- NCES.7.C.1 Understand how cultural values influence relationships between individuals, groups and political entities in modern societies and regions.
- NCES.7.C.1.1 Explain how culture unites and divides modern societies and regions (e.g. enslavement of various peoples, caste system, religious conflict and Social Darwinism).
- NCES.7.C.1.2 Explain how cultural expressions (e.g. art, literature, architecture and music) influence modern society.