Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 9th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- Key Ideas and Evidence
- RL.9-10.1 Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
- RL.9-10.2 Determine a theme of a text and analyze in detail its development over the course of the text, including how it emerges and is shaped and refined by specific details; provide an objective summary of the text.
- RL.9-10.3 Analyze how complex characters develop over the course of a text, interact with other characters, and advance the plot or develop the theme.
- Craft and Structure
- RL.9-10.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in the text; analyze the cumulative impact of specific word choices on meaning and tone.
- RL.9-10.5 Analyze how an author’s choices concerning how to structure a text, order events within it, and manipulate time create effects such as mystery, tension, or surprise.
- RL.9-10.6 Analyze a particular perspective or cultural experience reflected in a work of literature from outside the United States, drawing on a wide reading of world literature.
- Integration of Ideas and Analysis
- RL.9-10.7 Analyze the representation of a subject or a key scene in two different artistic mediums, including what is emphasized or absent in each treatment.
- RL.9-10.9 Analyze how an author adopts or adapts source material in a specific work.
- Range of Reading and Level of Complexity
- RL.9-10.10 By the end of grade 9, read and understand literature within the 9-10 text complexity band proficiently and independently for sustained periods of time. Connect prior knowledge and experiences to text.