Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 2nd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RL.2 Reading: Literature
- Key Ideas and Details
- RL.2.1 Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
- RL.2.2 Analyze literary text development.
- RL.2.2a Determine the lesson or moral.
- RL.2.2b Retell stories, including fables and folktales from diverse cultures.
- RL.2.3 Describe how characters in a story respond to major events and challenges.
- Craft and Structure
- RL.2.4 Describe how words and phrases (e.g., regular beats, alliteration, rhymes, repeated lines) supply rhythm and meaning in a story, poem, or song.
- RL.2.5 Describe the overall structure of a story, including describing how the beginning introduces the story and the ending concludes the action.
- RL.2.6 Distinguish between points of view when referring to narrators and characters, recognizing when the narrator is a character in the story.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- RL.2.7 Use information gained from the illustrations and words in a print or digital text to demonstrate understanding of its characters, setting, or plot.
- RL.2.9 Compare and contrast two or more versions of the same story (e.g., Cinderella stories) by different authors or from different cultures.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- RL.2.10 By the end of the year, read and comprehend literature, including stories and poetry, in the grades 2 – 3 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range. Activate prior knowledge and draw on previous experiences in order to make text-to-self or text-to-text connections and comparisons.