Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 8th Grade Social Studies Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- Key Ideas and Details
- RH.6-8.1 Cite specific textual evidence to support analysis of primary and secondary sources.
- RH.6-8.2 Analyze content-area-specific text development.
- RH.6-8.2a Determine the central ideas or information of a primary or secondary source.
- RH.6-8.2b Provide an accurate summary that includes the central ideas of the source.
- RH.6-8.3 Identify key steps in a text’s description of a process related to history/social studies (e.g., how a bill becomes law, how interest rates are raised or lowered).
- Craft and Structure
- RH.6-8.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including vocabulary specific to domains related to history/social studies.
- RH.6-8.5 Describe how a text presents information (e.g., sequentially, comparatively, causally).
- RH.6-8.6 Identify aspects of a text that reveal an author’s perspective or purpose (e.g., loaded language, inclusion or avoidance of particular facts).
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- RH.6-8.7 Integrate visual information (e.g., in charts, graphs, photographs, videos, or maps) with other information in print and digital texts.
- RH.6-8.8 Distinguish among fact, opinion, and reasoned judgment in a text.
- RH.6-8.9 Analyze the relationship between a primary and secondary source on the same topic.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- RH.6-8.10 By the end of grade 8, read, comprehend, and respond to history/social studies texts in the grades 6–8 text complexity band independently and proficiently.