Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 2nd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- Reading: Students will expand and apply knowledge of grammar, usage, mechanics, and style to comprehend, analyze, and/or evaluate a variety of texts.
- 2.5.R.1 Students will recognize simple and compound sentences.
- 2.5.R.2 Students will recognize parts of speech in sentences:
- 2.5.R.2.a common, proper, and irregular plural nouns
- 2.5.R.2.b tenses of verbs (i.e., past, present, future)
- 2.5.R.2.c the simple subject and simple predicate of a sentence
- 2.5.R.2.d descriptive adjectives and articles (i.e., a, an, the) as adjectives
- 2.5.R.2.e prepositions
- 2.5.R.2.f singular and plural personal pronouns and the nouns they replace
- 2.5.R.2.g the conjunctions and, or, and but
- 2.5.R.2.h -ly adverbs
- Writing: Students will expand and apply knowledge of grammar, usage, mechanics, and style to speak and write effectively, demonstrating standard usage when appropriate.
- 2.5.W.1 Students will compose simple and compound declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory sentences that begin with a capital letter and conclude with an end mark.
- 2.5.W.2 Students will use nouns, verbs, and adjectives to add clarity and variety to their writing.
- 2.5.W.3 Students will punctuate initials and capitalize holidays, product names, initials, and months and days of the week.
- 2.5.W.4 Students will use periods with declarative and imperative sentences, question marks with interrogative sentences, and exclamation points with exclamatory sentences.
- 2.5.W.5 Students will use apostrophes to form simple contractions (e.g., isn’t, aren’t, can’t).
- 2.5.W.6 Students will use commas in dates (e.g., September 6, 2020).
- 2.5.W.7 Students will use a colon to indicate time (e.g., The bell rings at 3:15.).