Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 2nd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- Reading: Students will gather, comprehend, evaluate, and synthesize researched information to acquire and refine knowledge.
- 2.6.R.1 Students will create their own questions to find information on their topic.
- 2.6.R.2 Students will identify and use graphic and text features to understand texts:
- 2.6.R.2.a photos
- 2.6.R.2.b illustrations
- 2.6.R.2.c titles
- 2.6.R.2.d labels
- 2.6.R.2.e headings
- 2.6.R.2.f charts
- 2.6.R.2.g graphs
- 2.6.R.2.h captions
- 2.6.R.2.i subheadings
- 2.6.R.3 Students will consult various text reference sources to gather information (i.e., title page, table of contents, glossary, index).
- Writing: Students will synthesize information ethically through speaking and writing.
- 2.6.W.1 Students will generate a list of topics and questions about an area of interest for research.
- 2.6.W.2 Students will organize information found during group or individual research, using graphic organizers or other aids.
- 2.6.W.3 Students will organize and share relevant information for various purposes.