Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 3rd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- Reading: Students will expand their grade-level vocabularies through reading, word study, and class discussion.
- 3.4.R.1 Students will identify relationships among words, including synonyms, antonyms, homophones, and homographs.
- 3.4.R.2 Students will use context clues to clarify the meaning of words.
- 3.4.R.3 Students will use word parts (e.g., affixes, Anglo-Saxon roots, stems) to define and determine the meaning of new words.
- 3.4.R.4 Students will consult reference materials (e.g., dictionaries, glossaries, thesauruses) to comprehend the words in a text.
- 3.4.R.5 Students will acquire new grade-level vocabulary, relate new words to prior knowledge, and apply vocabulary in various contexts.
- Writing: Students will apply knowledge of vocabulary to speak and write effectively.
- 3.4.W.1 Students will use grade-level vocabulary in writing to clearly communicate ideas.
- 3.4.W.2 Students will use precise vocabulary in writing for the intended mode and effect on the audience.