Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 5th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
5.2P Reading and Writing Process
- Reading: Students will read and comprehend inclusive, diverse, and increasingly complex literary and informational texts.
- 5.2.R.1 Students will explain how key supporting details support the main idea of a text.
- 5.2.R.2 Students will identify details in fiction, poetry, and nonfiction texts to distinguish various genres.
- 5.2.R.3 Students will summarize and sequence the important events of a story.
- 5.2.R.4 Students will summarize facts and details from an informational text.
- Writing: Students will engage in a recursive process that may include prewriting, drafting, revising, editing, and publishing.
- 5.2.W.1 Students will routinely use a recursive process to prewrite, organize, and draft multi-paragraph narrative, informative, and opinion drafts.
- 5.2.W.2 Students will routinely use a recursive process to revise content for clarity, coherence, and organization (e.g., logical order and transitions).
- 5.2.W.3 Students will routinely and recursively edit drafts for punctuation, capitalization, and correctly-spelled grade-level words, using resources as needed.
- 5.2.W.4 Students will routinely use a recursive process to publish final drafts for an authentic audience (e.g., reading aloud, posting on blog, displaying, entering contest).