Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 5th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- Reading: Students will gather, comprehend, evaluate, and synthesize researched information to acquire and refine knowledge.
- 5.6.R.1 Students will conduct research to answer questions, including self-generated questions, and to build knowledge, using multiple sources (e.g., visual and text reference sources, electronic resources, and/or interviews).
- 5.6.R.2 Students will identify and use text features (e.g., graphics, captions, headings/subheadings, bold/italicized words, charts, tables, legends) to analyze the structure of informational texts.
- 5.6.R.3 Students will determine the relevance and reliability of the information gathered.
- Writing: Students will synthesize information ethically through speaking and writing.
- 5.6.W.1 Students will formulate a viable research question.
- 5.6.W.2 Students will organize information found during research, following a modified citation style (i.e., author, title, publication date).
- 5.6.W.3 Students will write informative texts independently for short timeframes (e.g., a single sitting or a day or two) that organize related information logically and convey key details, quotations, or other relevant information from multiple sources.