Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 7th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- Reading: Students will expand and apply knowledge of grammar, usage, mechanics, and style to comprehend, analyze, and/or evaluate a variety of texts.
- 7.5.R.1 Students will recognize simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex sentences and explain their effects.
- 7.5.R.2 Students will recognize and explain the impact on meaning of parts of speech in sentences:
- 7.5.R.2.a nouns
- 7.5.R.2.b gerunds
- 7.5.R.2.c subject and verb agreement
- 7.5.R.2.d cumulative and coordinate adjectives
- 7.5.R.2.e demonstrative pronouns
- 7.5.R.2.f vague pronouns (i.e., ones with unclear or ambiguous antecedents)
- 7.5.R.2.g singular they/them/their
- 7.5.R.2.h correlative conjunctions
- 7.5.R.2.i adverbs
- 7.5.R.2.j interjections
- Writing: Students will expand and apply knowledge of grammar, usage, mechanics, and style to speak and write effectively, demonstrating standard usage when appropriate.
- 7.5.W.1 Students will compose simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex sentences to add clarity and variety in their writing.
- 7.5.W.2 Students will add clarity and variety to their writing with nouns, verbs, adjectives, prepositions, adverbs, and pronouns.
- 7.5.W.3 Students will recognize and correct the following: run-ons, errors in subject and verb agreement, inappropriate shifts in verb tense, and vague pronouns (i.e., ones with unclear or ambiguous antecedents).
- 7.5.W.4 Students will write using correct capitalization mechanics.
- 7.5.W.5 Students will write using correct end mark mechanics.
- 7.5.W.6 Students will write using correct apostrophe mechanics.
- 7.5.W.7 Students will use commas to separate words or phrases in a series.
- 7.5.W.8 Students will use a colon to introduce a quotation from a source.
- 7.5.W.9 Students will use quotation marks to indicate dialogue, quoted material, and titles of works.
- 7.5.W.10 Students will use underlining or italics to indicate titles of works, thoughts in narratives, and words in a foreign language.
- 7.5.W.11 Students will use a semicolon to punctuate compound and compound-complex sentences.