Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 7th Grade Science Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
PS Physical Sciences
- PS1 Matter and Its Interactions
- 7.PS1.1 Develop models to describe the atomic composition of simple molecules and extended structures.
- 7.PS1.2 Analyze and interpret patterns of data related to the properties of substances before and after the substances interact to determine if a chemical reaction has occurred.
- 7.PS1.3 Gather and make sense of information to describe that synthetic materials come from natural resources and impact society.
- 7.PS1.5 Develop and use a model to describe how the total number of atoms does not change in a chemical reaction and thus mass is conserved.
- 7.PS1.6 Construct, test, and modify a device that releases or absorbs thermal energy by chemical processes to solve a problem.
- PS3 Energy
- 7.PS3.1 Construct and interpret graphical displays of data to describe the proportional relationships of kinetic energy to the mass of an object and to the speed of an object.
- 7.PS3.2 Develop a model to describe that when objects interacting at a distance change their arrangement, different amounts of potential energy are stored in the system.
- 7.PS3.5 Construct, use, and present arguments to support the claim that when the kinetic energy of an object changes, energy is transferred to or from the object.
LS Life Sciences
- LS1 From Molecules to Organisms: Structure and Function
- 7.LS1.6 Construct a scientific explanation based on evidence for the role of photosynthesis in the cycling of matter and flow of energy into and out of organisms.
- 7.LS1.7 Develop a model to describe how food molecules in plants and animals are broken down and rearranged through chemical reactions to form new molecules that support growth and/or release energy as matter moves through an organism.
- LS2 Ecosystems: Interactions, Energy, and Dynamics
- 7.LS2.1 Analyze and interpret data to provide evidence for the effects of resource availability on organisms and populations of organisms in an ecosystem.
- 7.LS2.2 Construct an explanation that predicts patterns of interactions among organisms across multiple ecosystems.
- 7.LS2.3 Develop a model to describe the cycling of matter and flow of energy among living and nonliving parts of an ecosystem.
- 7.LS2.4 Construct an argument supported by empirical evidence that changes to physical or biological components of an ecosystem affect populations.
- 7.LS2.5 Evaluate competing design solutions for maintaining biodiversity and ecosystem services.
ESS Earth and Space Sciences
- ESS3 Earth and Human Activity
- 7.ESS3.1 Construct a scientific explanation based on evidence for how the uneven distributions of Earth’s mineral, energy, and groundwater resources are the result of past and current geoscience processes.
- 7.ESS3.3 Apply scientific principles to design a method for monitoring and minimizing human impact on the environment.
- 7.ESS3.4 Construct an argument supported by evidence for how increases in human population and per-capita consumption of natural resources impact Earth’s systems.
- 7.ESS3.5 Obtain, evaluate, and communicate evidence of the factors that have caused changes in global temperatures over the past century.