Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 8th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
8.2 Reading and Writing Process
- Reading: Students will read and comprehend inclusive, diverse, and increasingly complex literary and informational texts.
- 8.2.R.1 Students will summarize alphabetic and/or multimodal texts about similar topics to demonstrate comprehension within and between texts.
- 8.2.R.2 Students will analyze details in fiction, poetry, and nonfiction texts to identify characteristics of genres.
- 8.2.R.3 Students will paraphrase a passage in their own words to demonstrate comprehension.
- Writing: Students will engage in a recursive process that may include prewriting, drafting, revising, editing, and publishing.
- 8.2.W.1 Students will routinely and recursively prewrite (e.g., develop ideas and plan).
- 8.2.W.2 Students will routinely and recursively organize and develop ideas to compose a first draft.
- 8.2.W.3 Students will routinely and recursively revise drafts for intended purpose, audience, organization, coherence, and style (e.g., word choice and sentence variety).
- 8.2.W.4 Students will routinely and recursively edit for correct grammar, usage, and mechanics, using various resources.
- 8.2.W.5 Students will routinely and recursively publish final drafts for an authentic audience (e.g., publishing digitally, performing, entering contests).