Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 8th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- Reading: Students will gather, comprehend, evaluate, and synthesize researched information to acquire and refine knowledge.
- 8.6.R.1 Students will find and comprehend information (e.g., claims, evidence) about a topic, using their own viable research questions.
- 8.6.R.2 Students will find, record, and organize information from a variety of primary and secondary sources, following ethical and legal guidelines.
- 8.6.R.3 Students will determine the relevance, reliability, and validity of the information gathered.
- Writing: Students will synthesize information ethically through speaking and writing.
- 8.6.W.1 Students will formulate and refine a viable research question.
- 8.6.W.2 Students will develop a clear, concise, defensible thesis statement.
- 8.6.W.3 Students will quote, paraphrase, and summarize findings following a consistent citation style (e.g., MLA, APA) to avoid plagiarism.
- 8.6.W.4 Students will create research papers and/or projects independently for shorter timeframes (e.g., two or three days) and over extended periods of time (e.g., one week).