Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 9th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- Reading: Students will gather, comprehend, evaluate, and synthesize researched information to acquire and refine knowledge.
- 9.6.R.1 Students will find and comprehend information about a topic, using their own viable research questions.
- 9.6.R.2 Students will synthesize relevant information from a variety of primary and secondary sources, following ethical and legal citation guidelines.
- 9.6.R.3 Students will evaluate the relevance, reliability, and validity of the information gathered.
- Writing: Students will synthesize information ethically through speaking and writing.
- 9.6.W.1 Students will formulate and refine a viable research question.
- 9.6.W.2 Students will develop a clear, concise, defensible thesis statement.
- 9.6.W.3 Students will integrate quotes, paraphrases, and summaries from research, following a consistent citation style (e.g., MLA, APA) to avoid plagiarism.
- 9.6.W.4 Students will present research in longer formats (e.g., sustained research projects, process essays) and shorter, informal formats (e.g., single-day research projects, informal discussion) to a variety of audiences.