Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 9th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- Reading: Students will expand their grade-level vocabularies through reading, word study, and class discussion.
- 9.4.R.1 Students will analyze the relationships among synonyms, antonyms, and analogies.
- 9.4.R.2 Students will use context clues, connotation, and denotation to determine or clarify the meaning of words or distinguish among multiple-meaning words.
- 9.4.R.3 Students will use word parts (e.g., affixes, Anglo-Saxon, Greek, and Latin roots, stems) to define and determine the meaning of increasingly complex words.
- 9.4.R.4 Students will use resources (e.g., dictionary, glossary, thesaurus, etc.) to determine or clarify the meanings, syllabication, pronunciation, synonyms, parts of speech, and etymology of words or phrases.
- Writing: Students will apply knowledge of vocabulary to speak and write effectively.
- 9.4.W.1 Students will use precise, grade-level vocabulary in writing to clearly communicate complex ideas.
- 9.4.W.2 Students will select language to create a specific effect in writing according to purpose and audience.