Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free Pre- Kindergarten ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
PK.2 Reading Foundations
- PK.2.PA Phonological Awareness
- PK.2.PA.1 Students will distinguish spoken words in a sentence with guidance and support.
- PK.2.PA.2 Students will recognize spoken words that rhyme.
- PK.2.PA.3 Students will begin to recognize syllables in spoken words (e.g., sunshine= sun + shine).
- PK.2.PA.4 Students will begin to isolate initial and final sounds in spoken words.
- PK.2.PA.5 Students will begin to recognize initial sounds in a set of spoken words (i.e., alliteration).
- PK.2.PA.6 Students will combine onsets and rimes to form familiar one syllable spoken words with pictorial support (e.g., /c/ + at = cat).
- PK.2.PC Print Concepts
- PK.2.PC.1 Students will write the majority of the letters in their first name and some uppercase and lowercase letters with guidance and support.
- PK.2.PC.2 Students will understand that print carries a message by recognizing labels, signs, and other print in the environment with guidance and support.
- PK.2.PC.3 Students will begin to demonstrate correct book orientation and identify the front and back covers of a book.
- PK.2.PC.4 Students will recognize that written words are made up of letters and are separated by spaces with guidance and support.
- PK.2.PC.5 Students will begin to understand that print moves from top to bottom, left to right, and front to back.
- PK.2.PC.6 Students will recognize ending punctuation marks in print during shared reading or other text experiences with guidance and support.
- PK.2.PWS Phonics and Word Study
- PK.2.PWS.1 Students will name the majority of the letters in their first name and many uppercase and lowercase letters with guidance and support.
- PK.2.PWS.1 Students will produce some sounds represented by letters with guidance and support.
- PK.2.F Fluency
- PK.2.F.1 Students will read first name in print.
- PK.4.R Reading
- PK.4.R.1 Students will acquire new academic, content-specific, grade-level vocabulary and relate new words to prior knowledge with guidance and support.
- PK.4.R.2 Students will begin to develop an awareness of context clues through read-alouds and other text experiences.
- PK.4.R.3 Students will name and sort familiar objects into categories based on common attributes with guidance and support.
- PK.4.W Writing
- PK.4.W.1 Students will begin to use new vocabulary to produce and expand complete sentences in shared language activities.
- PK.4.W.2 Students will begin to select appropriate language according to purpose.
- PK.5.R Reading
- PK.5.R.1 Students will begin to understand the function of grammar through exposure to conversations, read-alouds, and interactive reading.
- PK.5.R.2 Students will recognize concrete objects as persons, places or things (i.e., nouns) with guidance and support.
- PK.5.R.3 Students will recognize words as actions (i.e., verbs) with guidance and support.
- PK.5.R.4 Students will group pictures and movement, and determine spatial and time relationships such as up, down, before, and after with guidance and support.