Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 3rd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
1.3 Reading Literature
- Key Ideas and Details Theme
- CC.1.3.3.A Determine the central message, lesson, or moral in literary text; explain how it is conveyed in text.
- Key Ideas and Details Text Analysis
- CC.1.3.3.B Ask and answer questions about the text and make inferences from text; referring to text to support responses.
- Key Ideas and Details Literary Elements
- CC.1.3.3.C Describe characters in a story and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events.
- Craft and Structure Point of View
- CC.1.3.3.D Explain the point of view of the author.
- Craft and Structure Text Structure
- CC.1.3.3.E Refer to parts of texts when writing or speaking about a text using such terms as chapter, scene, and stanza and describe how each successive part builds upon earlier sections.
- Craft and Structure Vocabulary
- CC.1.3.3.F Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in grade-level text, distinguishing literal from nonliteral meaning as well as shades of meaning among related words.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas Sources of Information
- CC.1.3.3.G Explain how specific aspects of a text’s illustrations contribute to what is conveyed by the words in a story (e.g., create mood, emphasize aspects of a character or setting).
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas Text Analysis
- CC.1.3.3.H Compare and contrast the themes, settings, and plots of stories written by the same author about the same or similar characters.
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use Strategies
- CC.1.3.3.I Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade-level reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies and tools.
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- CC.1.3.3.J Acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate conversational, general academic, and domain-specific words and phrases, including those that signal spatial and temporal relationships.
- Range of Reading
- CC.1.3.3.K Read and comprehend literary fiction on grade level, reading independently and proficiently.