Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 4th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
1.2 Reading Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Details Main Idea
- CC.1.2.4.A Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize the text.
- Key Ideas and Details Text Analysis
- CC.1.2.4.B Refer to details and examples in text to support what the text says explicitly and make inferences.
- CC.1.2.4.C Explain events, procedures, ideas, or concepts in a text, including what happened and why, based on specific information in the text.
- Craft and Structure Point of View
- CC.1.2.4.D Compare and contrast an event or topic told from two different points of view.
- Craft and Structure Text Structure
- CC.1.2.4.E Use text structure to interpret information (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/ solution).
- Craft and Structure Vocabulary
- CC.1.2.4.F Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in grade level text, including figurative language.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas Diverse Media
- CC.1.2.4.G Interpret various presentations of information within a text or digital source and explain how the information contributes to an understanding of text in which it appears.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas Evaluating Arguments
- CC.1.2.4.H Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas Analysis Across Texts
- CC.1.2.4.I Integrate information from two texts on the same topic to demonstrate understanding of that topic.
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- CC.1.2.4.J Acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate conversational, general academic, and domain-specific words and phrases, including those that signal precise actions, emotions, or states of being and that are basic to a particular topic.
- CC.1.2.4.K Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade level reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies and tools.
- Range of Reading
- CC.1.2.4.L Read and comprehend literary nonfiction and informational text on grade level, reading independently and proficiently.