Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 4th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
1.3 Reading Literature
- Key Ideas and Details Theme
- CC.1.3.4.A Determine a theme of a text from details in the text; summarize the text.
- Key Ideas and Details Text Analysis
- CC.1.3.4.B Cite relevant details from text to support what the text says explicitly and make inferences.
- Key Ideas and Details Literary Elements
- CC.1.3.4.C Describe in depth a character, setting, or event in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in the text.
- Craft and Structure Point of View
- CC.1.3.4.D Compare and contrast an event or topic told from two different points of view.
- Craft and Structure Text Structure
- CC.1.3.4.E Explain major differences between poems, drama and prose and refer to the structural elements of each when writing or speaking about a text.
- Craft and Structure Vocabulary
- CC.1.3.4.F Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in grade-level text, including figurative language.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas Sources of Information
- CC.1.3.4.G Make connections between the text of a story or drama and a visual or oral presentation of the text, identifying where each version reflects specific descriptions and directions in the text.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas Text Analysis
- CC.1.3.4.H Compare and contrast similar themes, topics, and patterns of events in literature, including texts from different cultures.
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use Strategies
- CC.1.3.4.I Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade-level reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies and tools.
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- CC.1.3.4.J Acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate conversational, general academic, and domain-specific words and phrases, including those that signal precise actions, emotions, or states of being and that are basic to a particular topic.
- Range of Reading
- CC.1.3.4.K Read and comprehend literary fiction on grade level, reading independently and proficiently.