Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 5th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
1.2 Reading Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Details Main Idea
- CC.1.2.5.A Determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize the text.
- Key Ideas and Details Text Analysis
- CC.1.2.5.B Cite textual evidence by quoting accurately from the text to explain what the text says explicitly and make inferences.
- CC.1.2.5.C Explain the relationships or interactions between two or more individuals, events, ideas, or concepts in a text based on specific information in the text.
- Craft and Structure Point of View
- CC.1.2.5.D Analyze multiple accounts of the same event or topic, noting important similarities and differences in the point of view they represent.
- Craft and Structure Text Structure
- CC.1.2.5.E Use text structure, in and among texts, to interpret information (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/ solution).
- Craft and Structure Vocabulary
- CC.1.2.5.F Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in grade-level text, including interpretation of figurative language.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas Diverse Media
- CC.1.2.5.G Draw on information from multiple print or digital sources, demonstrating the ability to locate an answer to a question quickly or to solve a problem efficiently.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas Evaluating Arguments
- CC.1.2.5.H Determine how an author supports particular points in a text through reasons and evidence.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas Analysis Across Texts
- CC.1.2.5.I Integrate information from several texts on the same topic to demonstrate understanding of that topic.
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- CC.1.2.5.J Acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate conversational, general academic, and domain-specific words and phrases, including those that signal contrast, addition, and other logical relationships.
- CC.1.2.5.K Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade- level reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies and tools.
- Range of Reading
- CC.1.2.5.L Read and comprehend literary nonfiction and informational text on grade level, reading independently and proficiently.