Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 7th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
1.3 Reading Literature
- Key Ideas and Details Theme
- CC.1.3.7.A Determine a theme or central idea of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text; provide an objective summary of the text.
- Key Ideas and Details Text Analysis
- CC.1.3.7.B Cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences, conclusions, and/or generalizations drawn from the text.
- Key Ideas and Details Literary Elements
- CC.1.3.7.C Analyze how particular elements of a story or drama interact and how setting shapes the characters or plot.
- Craft and Structure Point of View
- CC.1.3.7.D Analyze how an author develops and contrasts the points of view of different characters or narrators in a text.
- Craft and Structure Text Structure
- CC.1.3.7.E Analyze how the structure or form of a text contributes to its meaning.
- Craft and Structure Vocabulary
- CC.1.3.7.F Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in grade-level reading and content, including interpretation of figurative, connotative meanings.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas Sources of Information
- CC.1.3.7.G Compare and contrast a written story, drama, or poem to its audio, filmed, staged, or multimedia version, analyzing the effects of techniques unique to each medium (e.g., lighting, sound, color, or camera focus and angles in a film).
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- CC.1.3.7.H Compare and contrast a fictional portrayal of a time, place, or character and a historical account of the same period as a means of understanding how authors of fiction use or alter history.
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- CC.1.3.7.I Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade-level reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies and tools.
- CC.1.3.7.J Acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate general academic and domain-specific words and phrases; gather vocabulary knowledge when considering a word or phrase important to comprehension or expression.
- Range of Reading
- CC.1.3.7.K Read and comprehend literary fiction on grade level, reading independently and proficiently.