Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 8th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
1.3 Reading Literature
- Key Ideas and Details Theme
- CC.1.3.8.A Determine a theme or central idea of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text, including its relationship to the characters, setting, and plot; provide an objective summary of the text.
- Key Ideas and Details Text Analysis
- CC.1.3.8.B Cite the textual evidence that most strongly supports an analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences, conclusions, and/or generalizations drawn from the text.
- Key Ideas and Details Literary Elements
- CC.1.3.8.C Analyze how particular lines of dialogue or incidents in a story or drama propel the action, reveal aspects of a character, or provoke a decision.
- Craft and Structure Point of View
- CC.1.3.8.D Analyze how differences in the points of view of the audience or readers (e.g., created through the use of dramatic irony) create such effects as suspense or humor.
- Craft and Structure Text Structure
- CC.1.3.8.E Compare and contrast the structure of two or more texts and analyze how the differing structure of each text contributes to its meaning and style.
- Craft and Structure Vocabulary
- CC.1.3.8.F Analyze the influence of the words and phrases in a text including figurative and connotative meanings and how they shape meaning and tone.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas Sources of Information
- CC.1.3.8.G Analyze the extent to which a filmed or live production of a story or drama stays faithful to or departs from the text or script, evaluating the choices made by directors or actors.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- CC.1.3.8.H Analyze how a modern work of fiction draws on themes, patterns of events, or character types from traditional works, including describing how the material is rendered new.
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- CC.1.3.8.I Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade-level reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies and tools.
- CC.1.3.8.J Acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate general academic and domain-specific words and phrases; gather vocabulary knowledge when considering a word or phrase important to comprehension or expression.
- Range of Reading
- CC.1.3.8.K Read and comprehend literary fiction on grade level, reading independently and proficiently.