Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 9th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
1.3 Reading Literature
- Key Ideas and Details Theme
- CC.1.3.9-10.A Determine a theme or central idea of a text and analyze in detail its development over the course of the text, including how it emerges and is shaped and refined by specific details; provide an objective summary of the text.
- Key Ideas and Details Text Analysis
- CC.1.3.9-10.B Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly, as well as inferences and conclusions based on an author’s explicit assumptions and beliefs about a subject.
- Key Ideas and Details Literary Elements
- CC.1.3.9-10.C Analyze how complex characters develop over the course of a text, interact with other characters, and advance the plot or develop the theme.
- Craft and Structure Point of View
- CC.1.3.9-10.D Determine the point of view of the text and analyze the impact the point of view has on the meaning of the text.
- Craft and Structure Text Structure
- CC.1.3.9-10.E Analyze how an author’s choices concerning how to structure a text, order events within it, and manipulate time create an effect.
- Craft and Structure Vocabulary
- CC.1.3.9-10.F Analyze how words and phrases shape meaning and tone in texts.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas Sources of Information
- CC.1.3.9-10.G Analyze the representation of a subject or a key scene in two different artistic mediums, including what is emphasized or absent in each treatment.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- CC.1.3.9-10.H Analyze how an author draws on and transforms themes, topics, character types, and/or other text elements from source material in a specific work.
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- CC.1.3.9-10.I Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade-level reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies and tools.
- CC.1.3.9-10.J Acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate general academic and domain specific words and phrases; gather vocabulary knowledge when considering a word or phrase important to comprehension or expression.
- Range of Reading
- CC.1.3.9-10.K Read and comprehend literary fiction on grade level, reading independently and proficiently.