Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 7th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RI.7 Reading: Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Details
- RI.7.1 Cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what a text states explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text, quoting or paraphrasing as appropriate. (See grade 7 Writing Standard 8 for more on quoting and paraphrasing.)
- RI.7.2 Determine a text’s central idea(s) and analyze its/their development over the course of the text; provide an objective summary of a text.
- RI.7.3 Analyze the interactions between individuals, events, and ideas in a text (e.g., how ideas influence individuals or events, or how individuals influence ideas or events).
- Craft and Structure
- RI.7.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings; analyze the impact of a specific word choice on meaning and tone. (See grade 7 Language Standards 4–6 on applying knowledge of vocabulary to reading.)
- RI.7.5 Analyze the structure an author uses to organize a text, including how the major sections and text features (e.g., headings) contribute to the whole and to the development of the ideas.
- RI.7.6 Determine an author’s point of view or purpose in a text and analyze how the author distinguishes his or her position from that of others.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- RI.7.7 Compare and contrast a written text to an audio, video, or multimedia version, analyzing each medium’s portrayal of the subject (e.g., how the delivery of a speech affects the impact of the words).
- RI.7.8 Trace and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, assessing whether the reasoning is sound and the evidence is relevant and sufficient to support the claims.
- RI.7.9 Analyze how two or more authors writing about the same topic shape their presentations of key information by emphasizing different evidence or advancing different interpretations of facts.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- RI.7.10 Independently and proficiently read and comprehend literary nonfiction representing a variety of genres, cultures, and perspectives and exhibiting complexity appropriate for at least grade 7. (See Appendix A & Appendix A New Research.)