Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 6th Grade Science Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
PS Physical Science
- PS1 Matter and Its Interactions
- 6-PS1-4 Develop and use a model that predicts and describes changes in particle motion, temperature, and state of a pure substance when thermal energy is added or removed.
- PS3 Energy
- 6-PS3-3 Apply scientific principles to design, construct, and test a device that either minimizes or maximizes thermal energy transfer.
- 6-PS3-4 Plan an investigation to determine the relationships among the energy transferred, the type of matter, the mass, and the change in the average kinetic energy of the particles as measured by the temperature of the sample.
- PS4 Waves and Their Applications in Technologies for Information Transfer
- 6-PS4-2 Develop and use a model to describe that waves are reflected, absorbed, or transmitted through various materials.
LS Life Science
- LS1 From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
- 6-LS1-1 Conduct an investigation to provide evidence that living things are made of cells; either one cell or many different numbers and types of cells.
- 6-LS1-2 Develop and use a model to describe the function of a cell as a whole and ways the parts of cells contribute to the function.
- 6-LS1-3 Use argument supported by evidence for how the body is a system of interacting subsystems composed of groups of cells.
- 6-LS1-8 Gather and synthesize information that sensory receptors respond to stimuli by sending messages to the brain for immediate behavior or storage as memories.
ESS Earth and Space Science
- ESS1 Earth’s Place in the Universe
- 6-ESS1-4 Construct a scientific explanation based on evidence from rock strata for how the geologic time scale is used to organize Earth’s 4.6-billion-year-old history.
- ESS2 Earth’s Systems
- 6-ESS2-1 Develop a model to describe the cycling of Earth’s materials and the flow of energy that drives this process.
- 6-ESS2-2 Construct an explanation based on evidence for how geoscience processes have changed Earth’s surface at varying time and spatial scales.
- 6-ESS2-3 Analyze and interpret data on the distribution of fossils and rocks, continental shapes, and seafloor structures to provide evidence of the past plate motions.
- 6-ESS2-4 Develop a model to describe the cycling of water through Earth’s systems driven by energy from the sun and the force of gravity.
- 6-ESS2-5 Analyze and interpret data to provide evidence for how the motions and complex interactions of air masses result in changes in weather conditions.
- 6-ESS2-6 Develop and use models to describe how unequal heating and rotation of the Earth cause patterns of atmospheric and oceanic circulation that determine regional climates.
- ESS3 Earth and Human Activity
- 6-ESS3-2 Analyze and interpret data on natural hazards to identify patterns, which help forecast future catastrophic events and inform the development of technologies to mitigate their effects.