Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 2nd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
2.RI Reading Informational Text
- 2.RI.KID Key Ideas and Details
- 2.RI.KID.1 Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
- 2.RI.KID.2 Identify the main topic of a multi-paragraph text as well as the focus of specific paragraphs within a text.
- 2.RI.KID.3 Describe the connections between a series of historical events, scientific ideas, or steps in a process in a text.
- 2.RI.CS Craft and Structure
- 2.RI.CS.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 2 topic or subject area.
- 2.RI.CS.5 Know and use various text features to locate key facts or information in a text efficiently.
- 2.RI.CS.6 Identify the main purpose of a text, including what an author wants to answer, explain, or describe.
- 2.RI.IKI Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- 2.RI.IKI.7 Identify and explain how illustrations and words contribute to and clarify a text.
- 2.RI.IKI.8 Describe how reasons support specific points an author makes in a text.
- 2.RI.IKI.9 Compare and contrast the most important points presented by two texts on the same topic.
- 2.RI.RRTC Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- 2.RI.RRTC.10 Read and comprehend stories and informational texts throughout the grades 2-3 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding at the high end as needed.