Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 3rd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
3.RI Reading Informational Text
- 3.RI.KID Key Ideas and Details
- 3.RI.KID.1 Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as a basis for the answers.
- 3.RI.KID.2 Determine the main idea of a text; recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
- 3.RI.KID.3 Describe the relationship between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text, using language that pertains to time, sequence, and cause/effect.
- 3.RI.CS Craft and Structure
- 3.RI.CS.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 3 topic or subject area.
- 3.RI.CS.5 Use text features to locate information relevant to a given topic efficiently.
- 3.RI.CS.6 Distinguish reader point of view from that of an author of a text.
- 3.RI.IKI Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- 3.RI.IKI.7 Use information gained from illustrations and the words in a text to demonstrate understanding of a text.
- 3.RI.IKI.8 Explain how reasons support specific points an author makes in a text.
- 3.RI.IKI.9 Compare and contrast the most important points and key details presented in two texts on the same topic.
- 3.RI.RRTC Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- 3.RI.RRTC.10 Read and comprehend stories and informational texts at the high end of the grades 2-3 text complexity band independently and proficiently.