Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 4th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
4.RL Reading Literature
- 4.RL.KID Key Ideas and Details
- 4.RL.KID.1 Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly; refer to details and examples in a text when drawing inferences from the text.
- 4.RL.KID.2 Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text; summarize the text.
- 4.RL.KID.3 Describe in depth a character, setting, or event in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in a text, such as a character’s thoughts, words, or actions.
- 4.RL.CS Craft and Structure
- 4.RL.CS.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including those that refer to significant characters and situations found in literature and history.
- 4.RL.CS.5 Explain major differences between poems, drama, and stories, and refer to the structural elements when writing or speaking about a text.
- 4.RL.CS.6 Compare and contrast the point of view from which different stories are narrated.
- 4.RL.IKI Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- 4.RL.IKI.7 Make connections between the print version of a story or drama and a visual or oral presentation of the same text.
- 4.RL.IKI.9 Compare and contrast the treatment of similar themes, topics, and patterns of events in stories from different cultures.
- 4.RL.RRTC Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- 4.RL.RRTC.10 Read and comprehend stories and poems throughout the grades 4-5 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding at the high end as needed.