Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 5th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
5.RI Reading Informational Text
- 5.RI.KID Key Ideas and Details
- 5.RI.KID.1 Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- 5.RI.KID.2 Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize the text.
- 5.RI.KID.3 Explain the relationships and interactions among two or more individuals, events, and/or ideas in a text.
- 5.RI.CS Craft and Structure
- 5.RI.CS.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text relevant to a grade 5 topic or subject area, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings.
- 5.RI.CS.5 Compare and contrast the overall structure of events, ideas, and concepts of information in two or more texts.
- 5.RI.CS.6 Analyze the similarities and differences in points of view of multiple accounts of the same event or topic.
- 5.RI.IKI Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- 5.RI.IKI.7 Locate an answer to a question or solve a problem, drawing on information from multiple print or digital sources.
- 5.RI.IKI.8 Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support points in a text, identifying which reasons and evidence support which points.
- 5.RI.IKI.9 Integrate information from two or more texts on the same topic in order to build content knowledge.
- 5.RI.RRTC Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- 5.RI.RRTC.10 Read and comprehend stories and informational texts at the high end of the grades 4-5 text complexity band independently and proficiently.