Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 5th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
5.RL Reading Literature
- 5.RL.KID Key Ideas and Details
- 5.RL.KID.1 Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- 5.RL.KID.2 Determine a theme or central idea of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text; summarize the text.
- 5.RL.KID.3 Compare and contrast two or more characters, settings, or events in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in a text.
- 5.RL.CS Craft and Structure
- 5.RL.CS.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative language with emphasis on similes and metaphors; analyze the impact of sound devices on meaning and tone.
- 5.RL.CS.5 Explain how a series of chapters, scenes, or stanzas fit together to provide the overall structure of particular texts.
- 5.RL.CS.6 Describe how a narrator’s or speaker’s point of view influences how events are described.
- 5.RL.IKI Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- 5.RL.IKI.7 Explain how visual and multimedia elements contribute to the meaning, tone, or mood of a text, such as in a graphic novel, multimedia presentation, or fiction, folktale, myth, or poem.
- 5.RL.IKI.9 Compare and contrast stories in the same genre on their approaches to similar themes and topics.
- 5.RL.RRTC Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- 5.RL.RRTC.10 Read and comprehend stories and poems at the high end of the grades 4-5 text complexity band independently and proficiently.