Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 7th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
7.RI Reading Informational Text
- 7.RI.KID Key Ideas and Details
- 7.RI.KID.1 Analyze what a text says explicitly and draw logical inferences; cite several pieces of textual evidence to support conclusions.
- 7.RI.KID.2 Determine a central idea of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text; provide an objective summary.
- 7.RI.KID.3 Analyze the relationships and interactions among individuals, events, and/or ideas in a text.
- 7.RI.CS Craft and Structure
- 7.RI.CS.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of specific word choices on meaning and tone, including allusions to other texts and repetition of words and phrases.
- 7.RI.CS.5 Analyze the structure an author uses to organize a text, including how the major sections contribute to the whole and to the development of the ideas.
- 7.RI.CS.6 Determine an author’s point of view or purpose in a text and analyze how an author distinguishes his or her position from that of others.
- 7.RI.IKI Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- 7.RI.IKI.7 Compare and contrast a text to an audio, video, or multimedia version of a text, analyzing each medium’s portrayal of the subject.
- 7.RI.IKI.8 Trace and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, assessing whether the evidence is relevant and sufficient to support the claims.
- 7.RI.IKI.9 Analyze how two or more authors writing about the same topic shape their presentations of key information by emphasizing different evidence or advancing an alternate explanation of events.
- 7.RI.RRTC Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- 7.RI.RRTC.10 Read and comprehend a variety of literary nonfiction throughout the grades 6-8 text complexity band proficiently, with a gradual release of scaffolding at the high end as needed.