Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 7th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
7.RL Reading Literature
- 7.RL.KID Key Ideas and Details
- 7.RL.KID.1 Analyze what a text says explicitly and draw logical inferences; cite several pieces of textual evidence to support conclusions.
- 7.RL.KID.2 Determine a theme or central idea of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text; provide an objective summary.
- 7.RL.KID.3 Analyze how specific elements of a story or drama interact with and affect each other.
- 7.RL.CS Craft and Structure
- 7.RL.CS.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of specific word choices on meaning and tone, including allusions to other texts and repetition of words and phrases.
- 7.RL.CS.5 Analyze the form or structure of a story, poem, or drama, considering how text form or structure contributes to its theme and meaning.
- 7.RL.CS.6 Analyze how an author establishes, conveys, and contrasts the points of view of different characters or narrators in a text.
- 7.RL.IKI Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- 7.RL.IKI.7 Compare and contrast a written story, drama, or poem to its audio, filmed, staged, or multi-media version, analyzing the effects of techniques unique to each medium.
- 7.RL.IKI.9 Compare and contrast an historical account with a fictional portrayal of the same time, place, or character.
- 7.RL.RRTC Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- 7.RL.RRTC.10 Read and comprehend a variety of literature throughout the grades 6-8 text complexity band proficiently, with a gradual release of scaffolding at the high end as needed.