Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 8th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
8.RI Reading Informational Text
- 8.RI.KID Informational Text
- 8.RI.KID.1 Analyze what a text says explicitly and draw logical inferences; support an interpretation of a text by citing relevant textual evidence.
- 8.RI.KID.2 Determine a central idea of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text, including its relationship to supporting ideas; provide an objective summary.
- 8.RI.KID.3 Analyze the techniques used to distinguish between and to make connections among individuals, events, or ideas in a text.
- 8.RI.CS Craft and Structure
- 8.RI.CS.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings; analyze the impact of a specific word choice on meaning and tone, including analogies and allusions to other texts.
- 8.RI.CS.5 Analyze in detail the structure of a specific paragraph or section in a text, including the role of particular sentences in developing and refining a key concept.
- 8.RI.CS.6 Determine an author’s point of view or purpose in a text and analyze how the author acknowledges and responds to conflicting evidence or viewpoints.
- 8.RI.IKI Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- 8.RI.IKI.7 Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of using different mediums to present a particular topic or idea.
- 8.RI.IKI.8 Delineate and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, assessing whether evidence is relevant and sufficient to support the claims and the reasoning is sound.
- 8.RI.IKI.9 Analyze a case in which two or more texts provide conflicting information on the same topic and identify where the texts disagree on matters of fact or interpretation.
- 8.RI.RRTC Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- 8.RI.RRTC.10 Read and comprehend a variety of literary nonfiction at the high end of the grades 6-8 text complexity band independently and proficiently.