Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 8th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
8.RL Reading Literature
- 8.RL.KID Key Ideas and Details
- 8.RL.KID.1 Analyze what a text says explicitly and draw logical inferences; support an interpretation of a text by citing relevant textual evidence.
- 8.RL.KID.2 Determine a theme or central idea of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text, including its relationship to the characters, setting, and plot; provide an objective summary.
- 8.RL.KID.3 Analyze how particular lines of dialogue or incidents in a story or drama propel the action, reveal aspects of a character, or provoke a decision.
- 8.RL.CS Craft and Structure
- 8.RL.CS.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of specific word choices on meaning and tone, including allusions to other texts, repetition of words and phrases, and analogies.
- 8.RL.CS.5 Compare and contrast the structure of two or more texts and analyze how the differing structure of each text contributes to its meaning and style.
- 8.RL.CS.6 Analyze how similarities and differences in the points of view of the audience and the characters create effects such as suspense, humor, or dramatic irony.
- 8.RL.IKI Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- 8.RL.IKI.7 Analyze the extent to which a filmed or live production of a story or drama stays faithful to or departs from a text or script, evaluating the choices made by the director or actors.
- 8.RL.IKI.9 Analyze how contemporary texts are shaped by foundational texts or literary archetypes and how authors allude to traditional works, myths, or religious texts; describe how traditional elements are rendered anew.
- 8.RL.RRTC Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- 8.RL.RRTC.10 Read and comprehend a variety of literature at the high end of the grades 6-8 text complexity band independently and proficiently.