Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 9th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
9-10.RI Reading Informational Text
- 9-10.RI.KID Key Ideas and Details
- 9-10.RI.KID.1 Analyze what a text says explicitly and draw inferences; cite the strongest, most compelling textual evidence to support conclusions.
- 9-10.RI.KID.2 Determine a central idea of a text and analyze its development; provide an objective or critical summary.
- 9-10.RI.KID.3 Analyze how an author presents and develops key ideas and events to impact meaning.
- 9-10.RI.CS Craft and Structure
- 9-10.RI.CS.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings; analyze the cumulative impact of specific word choices on meaning and tone.
- 9-10.RI.CS.5 Analyze how an author’s ideas or claims are developed and refined by particular sentences, paragraphs, or larger portions of a text.
- 9-10.RI.CS.6 Determine an author’s point of view or purpose and analyze how an author uses rhetoric to advance that point of view or purpose.
- 9-10.RL.IKI Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- 9-10.RI.IKI.7 Evaluate the topic or subject in two diverse formats or media.
- 9-10.RI.IKI.8 Evaluate how reasoning and evidence affects the argument and specific claims in a text.
- 9-10.RI.IKI.9 Analyze a variety of thematically-related texts of historical and literary significance for the way they address related topics, facts, and concepts.
- 9-10.RI.RRTC Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- 9.RI.RRTC.10 Read and comprehend a variety of literary nonfiction throughout the grades 9-10 text complexity band proficiently, with a gradual release of scaffolding at the higher end as needed.